Sunday, August 19, 2007

Run Rabbit, Run/Chicago Interlude

Flavors, bits, moments... that didn't fit anywhere else...

It's late, and though we had a good day here in Chicago, I don't have time to do a full-blown post about it. I'll set that up once I'm back in Texas tomorrow.

***

Thursday morning a man on our airport shuttle was in the throes of delirium tremens, aka the DTs.
Familiar with this? Here's his description, which is pretty textbook:

Visibly shaking
Reeked of alcohol at 9:00am
Sweat was pouring down his face
Irritable

***

Hood and I saw a rabbit during one of our many forays-into-Chicago-neighborhoods-just-to-turn-around.

***

Hood and I dropped off my daughter at the daycare Thursday morning on our way to the airport.

A day later my wife tells me the daycare folks asked if Hood's my son.

...BB grumbles, considers purchasing Grecian
Formula...

***

I tried to compare the Wrigley Field experience to the Yankee Stadium experience for Hood.

Like at Wrigley, the atmosphere at Yankee Stadium is electric and exciting. The difference is that there's
a genuinely sinister undercurrent in the Bronx, and it always feels like a riot could erupt.

Can I get an amen from someone who's been there?

***

BB's current therapy: "I Get Along Without You Very Well" by Diana Krall.

***

Good night. Tomorrow BB is GTT: Gone to Texas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine having to get on a plane in the throes of the DT's? Or, better yet, sitting next to someone in that condition?

The bit about Hood being your son cracked me up.

A.