Thursday, August 30, 2007

Post Birthday Wrapup

At 5:15 this morning I should have been sleeping. Instead, I was lying in bed, wondering whether Sal Fasano is still in baseball.

***

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I had a lot on my plate. Had to act like a grown, professional man for a bit and give a brief presentation to our board of directors. It went well. Our CEO even patted me on the back, literally, and told me "great job."

[Applause]

***

Had lunch from some place called the Ham Store. I cracked up when a coworker referred to them as "The Hamster."

***

I also saw my first client last night! Yes, on my 39th birthday I officially got my feet wet. It went well.

***

So I read this morning in the paper that a couple Louisiana cities, including Shreveport, are trying to outlaw baggy pants. I'm curious to see if they can get that passed.

I'm also curious to see how fans of the baggy pants will get around that. And they will.

***

After seeing my client I picked up MOBB and the kids and headed over to my favorite pho place, Miss Saigon. For some reason MOBB thought I might want to do something different from usual to celebrate. No way, Jose!

So we had a good meal. The kids mostly behaved, I pigged out... life was good.

And they gave me a really cool bracelet (stainless steel! am I tough now?) and the Stax Records 50th Anniversary Celebration two-CD set.

***

Thank you all for your kind wishes. Happy Thursday.

No comments: