Sunday, April 17, 2005

Batman

KTVT offered me the job!

I'll be close to home, about 15 minutes away. I might not even need to get on the freeway to get there, as it's not quite 8 miles away.

I will gain about 8 hours back that are currently lost in commuting. Dallas is 26 miles from my house. The train is a good way to go, but it's 90 minutes a day.

Oh, and I will be AWAY FROM THE BOTTOMLESS PIT OF EVIL THAT IS BELO.

***

Yes, I will give notice and work out my two weeks. Believe me, it'd be tempting to go out in a blaze of glory, to burn this bridge to the ground.

But tons of broadcasters know each other in this area, of course, so I won't do anything that might reach KTVT through the grapevine. One of my Tucson counterparts called KTVT to put in a good word for me (she worked there for a decade), so I'd hate to do anything to make her look bad.

***

Heard Chuck Liddell KO'd Randy Couture last night. I was rooting for Randy, but I like them both. Whit told me it was a clear knockout, one of those "my name is Batman" sort of complete lights-out affairs.

The sport gets short shrift, man. Think there was any mention of it in today's sports section? No. There was a story on bobsledding, but no UFC.

***

I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Have a good week, ya'll.

No comments: