Saturday, April 23, 2005

No, you don't need bigger underwear.

I didn't sleep half the day, so I suppose that's progress. Spending all morning wandering around the mall like a tourist without a map wasn't exactly constructive I suppose. This afternoon I tackled a plumbing job that's becoming my nemesis, and making zero progress on that wasn't constructive either. One little drip started all this...

***

I've been steadily dubbing my old Mystery Science Theater 3000 VHS tapes to DVD. Tonight was THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS starring Tor Johnson. Seems Tor got cast as beasts and monsters and mad scientist assistants in a lot of movies, and you know, he didn't even have to wear a rubber mask.

***

THEGIRL has been GROUCHY. I wish I could tap into some parenting Zen state to deal with this, but honestly, these random shrieks rattle my nerves. Part of me wonders if it's made worse by my ear problems (ie the constant fear of having a tinnitus attack brought on, as sometimes happens, by a scream).

***

Two more stats classes, then the final. I hope this is the last math class I ever have to take in my life.

***

Haven't heard from Texas Wesleyan regarding my grad school application yet, but the deadline's barely a week past. I'm burned out on school, to be honest, but I think getting accepted into grad school would light a new fire under me.

***

THEBOY has discovered his penis. Looks like I get to be the official parent delegate when delivering guidance on this one: "Keep that to yourself, kid. You're not supposed to talk about it at school. No, you don't need bigger underwear. Go do that in your room."

Don't think I'm kidding either.

***

When I sleep, I dream about working at Belo a lot. It sucks, let me tell you.

***

Rangers beat the Yankees (5-3 I believe) today. Not much pleases me more than watching the Yankees lose. Well, not much I can write about here at least.

***

Sleepy. Have a good weekend.

No comments: