Monday, April 11, 2005

BBAMI's Special Guest

Can You Still Feel? by Jason Falkner, as I've written before, is one of my favorite CDs.

I posted a link to my blog piece about it on the Falkner message board at Toland's suggestion. I hoped other Falknerds might share similar stories.

So far they haven't.

What I hadn't anticipated was that Falkner himself would read it.

And I'm a little starstruck.

***

More paranoia for ya...

A stats classmate works in HR somewhere, dealing with worker's comp issues almost exclusively. Once in a while he ends up in court over this stuff, representing his employer.

In the courtroom not long ago he was surprised when the other side presented a handful of his emails related to the case.

Emails sent via his personal Yahoo account, but from the office machine nevertheless.

Big brother is indeed watching.

Note to big brother: KISS MY ASS.

***

Speaking of stats... man, I nabbed an 87 on the test (after the curve). At first I was worried about passing that class at all, but I've got a pretty solid A in there at this point. I'm... stunned.

***

Dinner with sales managers tonight. Ugh. At least the screamer who used to work there is gone. I think I can have an okay evening with the rest of the bunch.

***

The UFC stuff on Spike Saturday night was freakin' great. Stephan and Forest's match was the closest to a real-life Rocky bout I've ever seen.

And Shamrock went down too soon. His post-fight interview had a definite "farewell" tone. Hey, he's 41.

***

Monday. Crap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you've mentioned Falkner's name quite a bit lately, I decided to punch his name into Napster and check him out. "Goodnight Sweet Night" sounds just like everything you've made it out to be - excellent stuff!

By the way, have you heard Falkner's cover of Def Leppard's "Photograph"?

BB said...

Well, Mysterious Stranger (probably Bruiser I'd guess), I have indeed heard his version of "Photograph." Mostly I like it, though some of the harmony vox are a bit odd.

But glad you checked out the one song and like it. The guy doesn't often disappoint.