Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Madness

That's what this is. Madness.

I've spent so long just going a mile a minute most of the time that to have a nice stretch with very little planned is... unnerving, maddening...

I should be soaking this up, but I can't. I should... what? Indulge in sloth? Bust my hump non-stop on projects?

I can't decide whether I should sleep all the time or begin a long-overdue workout regimen. Read? Rent movies?

This restlessness... Man, I'm one day into this time off, and I'm lost without a map. I have no idea what I'll do tomorrow, and it's not as invigorating as I expected. I think this could be similar to detox. My whole system is so used to the toxin, the spiritual vacuum that was my old job, that now it doesn't know what to do without it.

***

I didn't stop moving today, that's for sure. I took the kids to school and immediately WENT SHOPPING! Yes, I spent 90 minutes in Kohl's. Then I went to Ross. Scored some bargains too. I did manage to pass on the sky blue FUBU terry cloth warmups though.

I then took THEBOY out of school so we could attend a 1pm Rangers/Blue Jays game. THEBOY was terrific, and the Rangers won 3-0.

***

He did the most remarkable thing on the way home: He'd fallen asleep in the van, and I pulled over to move him a bit, as he was in one of those awful-looking positions kids slump into while sleeping in a vehicle.

He stirred as I shifted him. His eyes opened up wide, and he announced, "I'll be awake again in just a minute."

He closed his eyes and was out again.

***

Things I ought to do: homework, an overdue plumbing job, an overdue patio repair, some other school-related stuff, and possibly a trip to see the family.

Or maybe I'll just sit around and stare at the clock.

This is madness for sure.

***

Yes, by the way... Dapper Guy did say he'd miss seeing my face on the train. I'm not sure whether to be flattered or icked out.

No comments: