Saturday, July 01, 2006

after my gun-toting overnight freakout

I slept quite poorly after my gun-toting overnight freakout. Let's see... that was 2am... heart was pounding, adrenaline pumping... I'm guessing I was awake for another 30-45 minutes.

I awakened at 6:30... the math doesn't exactly work in my favor.

***

I got a text message from Kelli. She arrived safely in Rome, and that's all I know. It said she'd call when she can. No idea when that'll be. I'm being realistic about it.

***

I'm exhausted. Class was kinda tough today, though starting off with the news that I got a 91 on the exam helped. Our babysitter showed up and was terrific, just terrific. Punctual, got along well with the kids and shoot, she's taken so many caretaking classes that she's like a black belt in babysitting.

***

There's been no time or opportunity to nap. After spending all morning inside with the sitter, I figured the kids deserved to get out a bit. I took them to that playground in the mall where almost everything is made of spongey stuff. They had fun.

More coffee now. I'm getting by on force of will and a legal stimulant, gotta say. My thoughts are unclear, and even with all this coffee in me I think I could be asleep in about a minute if given the chance.

I'm guessing that my wife, my other half, may feel exactly the same way (or much worse) wherever she is.

***

And now to end on a nonsensical note:

I dreamed I was somewhere, like in business office maybe. We discovered that a paparazzo was hiding behind a door, snapping pictures. Some of my peers attacked him. They stripped him of his camera and film. One came by me and basically said, "Thanks for nothing" since I didn't participate in the attack. He shoved me, and THEN it was on. Elbows, knees, punches... I kicked the butt of the guy who shoved me.

This is probably because I was up watching K-1 fights on ESPN2 so late.

Have a good one.

No comments: