Monday, July 31, 2006

I Should:

Bathe. It'd be the first time in days. Eh, this is a bad habit I slip into since I have good body chemistry and rarely stink. It's true.

*

Go to sleep. Gotta wrap up that paper tomorrow morning, then go to Krav Maga. Both will go better if I'm rested.

*

Get a job. I'm workin' on it.

*

Quit beating myself up after a rough evening with the kids. My gosh they were demanding. After making supper, picking them up, cleaning up the dishes and giving them a bath, why did I feel like such a jerk for telling THEBOY I needed to rest, and that it wasn't my job to entertain him every second of the evening? He was really disappointed that I wouldn't play "go fish" with him. Yeah, a jerk is what I felt like. He doesn't begin to understand that he doesn't have to be in my shadow every second he's home. What am I missing? Best I can figure his bedroom is just for sleeping, not that he does much of that at all.

*

Clean the garage. And I will, in a few days.

*

Re-finish the end tables.

*

Hang up the punching bag my boy Llorca lent me.

*

Trim my beard.

*

Do a better job of maintaining objectivity. Or a worse one. Not sure yet.

*

Turn on a fan.

*

Mail that CD to Toland.

*

Be happy that the Rangers got Kip Wells.

*

Feel exactly like I do (indifferent) that they got Matt Stairs.

*

Call an old friend (Bruiser, Phil, McAuley)

*

Hope to sleep well, and have no overnight freakout. Been a few days.

*

Begin reading the DSM-IV

*

Mow the yard (well, not now since it's midnight and all)

*

Clean out the fridge

*

Thank you for stopping by.

I'm not depressed, anxious or angry.

I'm just disengaging a bit.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

If only you knew how many times I have told Aaron, "IT's NOT MY JOB TO ENTERTAIN YOU 24 HOURS A DAY." And yes, I meant to capitalize. I think you and I have the only 5 yr olds who never play in their rooms. Maddie plays more in there than Aaron does.