Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Holiday Update

Happy 4th, everyone. I hope your day's as laid back and mellow as mine's been.

I just woke up from a nap, in fact.

***

Got up this morning and went to the jogging track at the college. I've got the kids, of course, so I couldn't take off for long distances.

But I saw a stretch between a couple landmarks I figured to be about 50 yards, so I started running some windsprints.

Despite the shady spot with the bench where I set up the kids with tons of drinks and a couple balls to kick around, they mostly wanted to zip around out in the hot sun with me. They wanted to change it up, play tag, try to trip me up or hit me as I ran past.

It's hard to get in a workout with kids around, eh?

I managed to do 10 wind sprints of about 100 yards each at least.

***

But they've been good, and tonight we'll go see some fireworks. We can see them from the library grounds, and that's walking distance from here. It's been raining this afternoon though, so I've got to figure out a dry seating accommodation. We might just pop the back of the van open and watch them from in there.

***

I've heard from Kelli a bit more. Things are going well enough there. She's getting a lot of exercise ("Never volunteer to take the wheelbarrow to the site," she told me), eating pasta, enjoying the scenery ("There are butterflies everywhere!"), that sort of thing.

***

I slipped while using the beard trimmer yesterday, so now I'm sporting the "goatee" look. That's almost always what's behind a goatee for me.

I started to go with a Lemmy Kilmister handlebar moustache/beard thing, but since I'm looking for a job and all I figured I'd keep it conservative.

***

Have a terrific day.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I couldn't help wondering how the food was over there... you know me.