Monday, July 10, 2006

Stiiiiir Crazy

You'd think that all this time alone would prompt me to write more, but it's having the opposite effect for some reason. I'm going a bit stir-crazy, I must admit.

But I've got errands to run today at least, things to keep me busy.

***

Hey, if you haven't seen it, there's a bitchin' story about our Krav Maga school in today's Ft. Worth Startlegram. I'm even in one of the photos.

***

As THEBOY walked into school this morning, he clutched three Hot Wheels cars he'd selected very carefully. He'd asked me which ones I liked (I suggested the silver lowrider), mulled it over a while.

And as he walked in, a little girl started repeating to him, "You brought Hot Wheels, but today isn't show and tell! Today isn't show and tell!"

"I KNOW!" he said, angrily.

And she kept repeating it to her little classmate. "Today isn't show and tell!"

I kept my lip buttoned. His classmate, his domain, and probably not a good place for me to give some strange child Big Daddy Voice: "He heard you the first four times, now HUSH."

***

Okay okay okay...

***

The school says online and in person that my financial aid has finally disbursed. It's a miracle! Now I have to wait until Thursday for the check. Okay okay. We'll still make the mortgage.

***

I caught an Intervention last night I'd not seen before. I think his name was... Mike? He was an alcoholic and cocaine addict. He'd been rocked by the deaths of some family members, and he was slowly, steadily disintegrating. He went to the house of a friend, and they worked on a bottle for a while before the friend gave him a Klonopin.

Mike went to leave, to "end it all," and his friend, a much larger fellow, had to physically restrain him. It was equal parts messed up, awkward, heroic and tender somehow.

***

Mike cleaned up nicely! It said he's been sober since February. He spoke very clearly about how happy he'll be to have young relatives not remember him as "a drunk," and how he might move out of state to get a change of scenery. I wanted to cheer, man. It brought tears to my eyes.

***

Big things are afoot at the KM school, by the way, though I won't go on about them until they've been officially announced.

Oh, what I can share is that Sensei L'Onis has informed us he's been cast as a bad guy in a fight scene in an upcoming Willie Nelson movie. He shoots in a couple weeks. We're told the fight ends when Willie kicks him "in the junk."

Straight out Krav Maga, man.

***

Ya'll take care.

2 comments:

Geoff said...

There is an upcoming Willie Nelson movie? Honeysuckle Rose 2:Electric Bugalo?

Anonymous said...

Bitchin' photo - just wish they had you kicking someone in the 'nads...

Bruiser