Friday, July 07, 2006

'Tis Friday

It's been a fine Friday here. I had my coffee and scone this morning, read the paper, then headed off to Carrollton to meet my boy Mike Llorca for lunch.

Navigating, as is often the case with me, proved to be a comedy of errors. Well, minus the funny parts.

But with Mike's help I got there, and we had a fine meal at some noodle joint.

***

Went to Krav Maga yesterday (twice). I hadn't been in a week, but the rust shook off fairly well. At lunch we worked on straight-up boxing drills, and in the evening we worked on knife defenses and some kickboxing stuff. I love the variety in there, man. It flowed fairly well last night. I worked with a partner who did a good job of making our training realistic without acting like he was anticipating my defenses, if that makes any sense. Some guys act like they have something to prove by trying to foil the moves you're working on, like they're psychics. Gets a bit old.

***

This afternoon I did some school work, and I aim to do some more this evening.

***

Both of the kids have asked for Kelli today. THEGIRL blurted out at dinner, "Where Mama go?"

Four more weeks.

***

Have a good weekend.

No comments: