Thursday, July 13, 2006

Heeyah!

I dream regularly that I'm fighting some bad guy, hand-to-hand.

***

Last night the kids put on our workout gloves and started showing me their best Krav Maga moves while I shot some video. Now, THEBOY is startlingly good at some of this stuff. He'll bust out some boxing drills that I've never shown him, stuff he's picked up just from being on the sidelines.

To THEGIRL, doing Krav Maga meant that she'd walk up once in a while, yell "Heeyah!" and smack the bejeebers out of the camera.

It made for some entertaining footage, but it wasn't much fun to be the camera operator, believe me.

***

During my hectic afternoon trying to find a babysitter Tuesday, I decided the house smelled FUNKY. Ever walk into your house and think it smells weird? Man, I wondered if there was some cup of milk behind the couch or something.

So while I made phone calls I grabbed a squirt bottle from the cabinet and strolled through the house.

SQUIRT SQUIRT SQUIRT SQUIRT SQUIRT.

I read the label: wrinkle releaser.

Hmm.

Smelled okay though.

***

Might take the kids out to eat tonight.

***

Whit comes for a visit next week! Cool.

***

I scored: A generic "fighting" listing on Fox Sports I taped overnight turned out to be some Pride FC stuff. Good fights too! I watched Wanderlai Silva win a good grudge match against "Rampage" Jackson. I was impressed with both of them. Rampage is the guy I watched dismantle UFC badass Chuck Liddell in a Pride fight once.

And there was a guy... Jean Silva? Did a combination of capoeira and Muay Thai. The first time he whipped out one of those sweeping capoeira kicks it actually landed. After that it became clear he was telegraphing them, and they became useless. He ended up losing.

***

Went to Krav Maga today, in fact. It went well. We did some bag work, then went through a knife drill.

You know, the variety is one thing I like. One class will be straight boxing drills, another will be kickboxing, and another will emphasize defenses (and some offenses) utilizing a variety of weapons. There's a little groundwork too. It's never boring.

***

Of to pick up the kids. Ya'll be good.

No comments: