Friday, November 25, 2005

The Graveyard Full of Bats

This is from the first of two books my son made today. He drew the pictures on the blank pages, and he dictated what the words should say:

(Page 1)

Bat (flying): Where can I find some food? I can go to my tree.

(Page 2)

Witch (on her broom): Why is it time for night time?

Bat (hanging from tree): We can play in the dark.

(Page 3)

Bat (flying): Ooh, I never saw a scary pumpkin before!

(Diamond thumps pumpkin)

Pumpkin: The bears are coming, so hide somewhere!

(Page 4)

Daddy Bat (flying): It's time to go home

(Page 5)

Witch (flying on her broom): Oh, I think I hear something!

(Flap flap flap!) (Bat wings)

(Page 6)

Pumpkin: Hey, what are you doing?

Daddy Bat: I'm just taking my son home

Pumpkin: Son?

(Page 7)

Witch: Ha ha ha!

Bat: Hey, what do you think is so funny about me?

(Page 8)

Bat (hanging from tree): Hey, what's making that noise?

(Whooooo) (wind)

(Page 9)

Bat: Hey, what's up, Pumpkin? Why are you a different shape and so happy?

Pumpkin: I'm a different pumpkin.

(Page 10)

Bat (in hole in a tree): Why is it so cold tonight? Don't worry, it's just cold.

(Page 11)

Bat: I'm so glad!

(Bzzt!) (sound of magic)

(Page 12)

Bat: Oh my wings!

(Bat's wings are now round)

(Page 13)

Bat: Why did my wings change into a different shape?

THE END

***

Coming soon: The Ghosts Who Stole Diamonds

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add some music to this and you've got a Syd Barrett song.

Michael

Anonymous said...

Love kids. I needed that today.