Tuesday, November 22, 2005

What's That Smell? It's My Brain!

RIP Chris Whitley.

***

So Josh Beckett won’t be a Texas Ranger after all.

I’m disappointed, but you know, I’ll be glad to see Blalock here (if he’s not traded away at some future point). And Diamond and Danks are really the crown jewels in the minor league system right now. Giving one of them up would have hurt.

And I’d say this attempted trade bodes well for the Jon Daniels era we’re entering. It’s a semi-blockbuster sort of deal, a different approach than we grew accustomed to during John Hart’s time here.

***

You know, I'm not on board with the auto-flush toilets.

First, there's something disconcerting about doing one's business with what amounts to a camera pointed at one's junk. It just kind of makes me feel like somewhere, somehow, Chuck Berry is watching.

Second, hey, they don't work right. You make one wrong move (and you always DO), and you get an extra flush. A little overspray or worse, and that's just not a pleasant thought.

Ditto for the automatic faucets and those towel dispensers you basically have to practice your Tai Chi on just to get your hands dried.

***

I am burned out. Come on four-day weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris Whitley, I remember when he hit the scene 15 years ago or so. It can't be that long. But it was. What was that strange sound trying to break through?...it was actual musicianship.
May his brand of music never fade away.

Anonymous said...

I own Whitley's first CD and have always enjoyed it. Sad to see him pass so early...

Bruiser