Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thursday wrapup

Man, 6am feels like it was a long time ago.

My body's feeling it too, in the fatigue department and in the beating that it took from that run.

***

Georgina says I look like a young Johnny Cash. Interesting. Wish I had his pipes, that's for sure. My voice remains stuck in a pubescent nasal squeak most of the time. I've developed a little bit of lower range that helps when getting the kids' attention ("Whatever you're doing to make your sister screech needs to STOP right now!") at least.

Anyway, yeah, it's a compliment I'd say.

Better than that time someone told me I look like Mr. Bean.

"Thank you, thank you... what, me distracted? No, I'm just looking for a plate glass window to jump through."

***

Busy day at work, and it ended on an interesting note. Agency Sales Stupidhead, whom I will refer to from here on out as ASS, sent me instructions to start her new Ford spot tomorrow. With the holidays coming up we're on accelerated logs; tomorrow's log has been closed for DAYS.

ASS flaunts the schedule all the time. I refused to accommodate her a couple weeks back and it got me bitched out and hung up on. It did NOT get her spots on the air.

So this set of instructions rolled in at 4:30pm today, and right by my monitor is a brand new memo about deadlines and such. It's a fine line you've gotta walk, especially with a big client like Ford. So I asked my bosses what to do.

The BIG boss told me to give our log schedule to her and tell her we'd happily start her spot MONDAY (and that's IF we have spots in-house by then).

I typed up the email, which I managed to get sent just before I left.

ASS is going to flip out, but you know, my hands are tied. I mean, this wasn't my call. If the bosses had said, "Implement the instructions ASAP," I'd have done it.

Heh heh... could be an interesting Friday.

***

Took the appraisal/assessment test tonight. Did fairly well I think. No worse than a B I'd say.

***

Ah... tomorrow: Iced coffee and a scone.

***

My nephew Aaron started Taw Kwon Do today! Seems to have done okay too. I hope he enjoys it, really benefits a lot from it.

***

Tired. BB needs sleep.

And to stop referring to himself in the third person.

No comments: