Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Weekend by the Numbers

Since most of the notable moments thus far have been numerical, here's the rundown:

Grade on my latest development project: 95

*

How much it costs to feed the family lunch at Luby's on a Saturday since kids eat free and I get a veggie plate: $11-$12.

*

How many videos I'm editing for next week's presentation in development class: two

*

How far I ran this morning: Six miles.

That's a new best for me. My hip started barking at me immediately, and man, 70 degrees with no clouds is actually kind of a tough way to run. The sun can be intense.

I finished with NOTHING left. I thought I might go six miles and one step and puke.

No, the puking occurred later. Read on.

*

How long it took me to run my six miles: 57:30, which is so good I actually find it kinda fishy. What the heck? I had a decent pace, but I wasn't shooting to surpass a 10-minute mile.

*

What I weighed on our scale when I got home: 155

The fluid loss that occurs while I run is pretty strange to get used to.

*

Number of kids at Sierra's birthday party at Mountasia today: 12

*

Number of kids who puked up blue icing alll over the carpet: One.

That'd be THEGIRL. We think she just overdid it. I was away at the time she actually hurled, but I can say that she didn't seem bothered in the least.

*

Number of daddies in this house about to lie down for a nap: One.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap,six miles! i'd be passed out on the side of the road with a dead possum

BB said...

HEY! Are you THE Nadine? From BACS? Man, I was at Starbucks at 11pm Friday night and thought I saw you. I only saw this woman from the rear and side for a while, but she had similar hair and stature. She was with a handsome young man too, and I thought--If that's Nadine GOOD for her! I was mistaken though. And then I wondered how you are. And again wanted to say thank you for the stats help. :o) If that's you. And if not, well, thanks for stopping by anyway. Shalom.

Anonymous said...

lol....it is indeed THE nadine from BACS. i found you on geoff's blog =oP and unfortunately no, i definitely was not with a handsome man at starbucks on friday night!