Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It’s not that I don’t LIKE you

The craziest crap happens at Starbucks.

This morning the woman in front of me was wearing some sort of ear-mounted phone gizmo. I didn’t notice until she told the barista, “I’m on the phone.” Rude, sure.

But then she went on to say, “It’s not that I don’t LIKE you. It’s just that we need to spend some time apart.”

Holy crap, she was breaking up with someone on the phone as she ordered her hazelnut latte.

***

The holiday itinerary:

Food in Corsicana tomorrow, returning late tomorrow night.

Yard work at some point.

A paper to write.

I’d like to mix in one more substantial run before the holiday, and I guess that just leaves tonight. I don’t mind getting up early to do it so much, but I’m creeping into distances that just take too long to cover before work.

So that means running at night, which eliminates the college since they don't allow runners after dark. I can go to the indoor track at the rec center. 12.5 laps there equal a mile... cripes, I'll need a mathematics degree just to figure out how far I've gone.

***

THEGIRL carried her bear around last night. She’d put him on the floor, cover him with a blanket and give him a good night kiss.

Sweet as that was, she’d get equally sour too. Man she was angry a lot last night.

***

Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well the joke's on her....she'll get brain cancer from that bluetooth earpiece!

BB said...

Wow. THAT was dark.

But funny!