Friday, November 18, 2005

I’m just trying to get my rock straight

Yes, it’s a robotic chimp! It’s either the coolest thing I’ve ever seen, the creepiest, or both.

Watch the video to see what the little bugger can do.

(Thanks to Toland for the tip)

***

The reaction from ASS? Nothing. Zip, zilch, nada. Crickets are chirping and stuff. No angry voicemail, no angry email, no burning cross in my cube this morning. Wow. Eh, I guess she might be over there gathering her armada or something, but you know, I suppose there’s a good chance she just plain knows when she’s licked.

***

Current music: “Soul Craft” by Bad Brains. It took me an awful long time to view these guys the right way for some reason. Oh, it’s probably because I started with Quickness, which has a decidedly metal sheen.

So for the longest time to me they were a metal band that had hardcore leanings (and of course, a mistress called reggae).

But that’s all mixed up. I’d say Bad Brains will be remembered as a hardcore band, first and foremost. (I’m not dismissing the reggae stuff, as much as I’d like to dismiss the entire genre, or at least the part not found on Bob Marley’s Legend CD. I’m just trying to get my rock straight.)

***

I’m here with the iPod again, with seven hours of music loaded in. Greatness.

***

Had my coffee and scone, but I had to get the hot kinda coffee. Too damn cold for that iced business, dang it. I don’t want to shiver for hours.

***

Happy Friday, ya’ll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know a lot of folks see Quickness as a sell-out, but I think it's one of the best metal albums ever. Much as I love the first album, it's still Quickness I come back to whenever I need a Bad Brains fix.

I got I Against I on CD a few months ago. First time I've heard it in years. Compared to the self-titled record or Quickness, it's a power pop record. Weird.

Michael