Sunday, May 07, 2006

Andrei Arlovsky Does Not Need My Help

Just killing a little time while the iPod charges... Got a Merle Haggard mix that's going to be the soundtrack of today's cleaning frenzy. We're in genuine post-semester meltdown here. Kelli especially... she's cranked out so many pages of papers lately... she's fried, just fried. I'm decompressing from the work situation and my own semester's end as well, and now the house is showing it. The place is something of a wreck. I aim to fix that today.

***

Yesterday was pretty good. I saw the chiropractor, then gave blood.

Against Kelli's advice, I also went to KM.

Say BB, what happens when you participate in an intense martial arts workout after giving blood?

Well mysterious interrogator, you feel about 20% weaker than usual, and fatigue hits earlier. I was TELLING my arms and legs to beat the hell out of the bag, but oddly, they chose to just sort of tap it instead. Tap tap tap.

And the sweat... wow, that was a lot of sweat. I made it. I can admit that when I walked out I saw stars before my eyes, okay. Next time: Listen to the wife.

Really though, I felt FINE beforehand. Almost perfect. The extra exertion though... wow, that showed me something.

***

Got the oil changed in Kelli's car, had a nap... Then we all hit Razzoo's for a big Cajun supper, a sort of end-of-semester celebration. I just pigged out, had a grand time stuffing myself with spicy andouille sausage, shrimp creole, crawfish etouffee...

And to top that, we went to Milwaukee Joe's for ice cream. I had cinnamon... hoo baby was it good!

***

Fatigue was still hampering me though. I hit the sheets at 11pm and slept until 9:30 this morning. Wow.

***

Got big stuff going on this month. Geoff will be in town soon. THEBOY and I will take a trip to Angleton for a few days, and then Toland will head up the next weekend.

***

I'll wrap up with this crazy dream, which I told a couple of you about:

I was walking in a big group of people, headed for where I don't know. I think we were in a big field. To my right was UFC badass Andrei Arlovsky, walking unnoticed except by me.

Out of the blue a punk with a snubnose .38 came up to rob him.

I was thinking--he's in the perfect position for Krav Maga gun disarm! Ooh ooh ooh! But I wasn't the one with the gun pointed at my ribs. I couldn't interfere, only watch on the sly and hope not to catch a stray bullet.

They started wrestling over the gun. That is, with no style whatsoever Arlovsky simply wrenched the .38 out of the guy's hands, bludgeon him into unconsciousness, dropped the piece and kept walking like nothing had happened.

The moral: Andrei Arlovsky does not need my help.

***

Ya'll have a good Sunday.

No comments: