Friday, May 26, 2006

Drink Your Beer

Looks to be a good day here. I took THEBOY to Starbucks for our usual Friday morning caffeine and sugar breakfast overload. Well, he just had juice with his food. I had an iced coffee big enough to float a barge in.

***

Current music: "Place to Fall Apart" by Merle Haggard.

***

KM last night was good. I'd attended the lunchtime class and, I guess, was a glutton for punishment since I wanted to attend at night too.

I definitely got the punishment I was looking for.

We worked on a cool block/strike combo I'd not seen before. Thing is, I trained with a guy who's an easy 6'6" if not taller, and in terrific shape. Even with the pads on, some of his blows were painful to absorb. My forearms are sore from the defensive drills.

We wrapped up with the dreaded "30 seconds of knees" drill. The guy was faster than I expected, and strong of course. There came a point at which I expected I'd actually clear some goal posts.

***

New folks show up at the school here and there, and I try to be friendly to them, make them feel at home in a strange environment. Some sign up, some don't.

Last night was a family of four. The father was wearing a t-shirt that read, "Drink your beer--think of all the sober kids in China."

It didn't make me feel particularly gregarious.

***

I'm seriously considering attending tonight's "killer kickboxing" class, like I did last week. It wore me out! But this is such terrific fun, and I enjoy the benefits I get from this. The school is closed over the holiday weekend, so I may as well squeeze in as much as I can.

***

Toland's heading up tomorrow. Looking forward to that. I think THEBOY is already preparing a list of comic book-related questions to throw at him.

***

Meeting Henley for lunch in a bit. Ya'll have a good Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Toland's heading up tomorrow. Looking forward to that. I think THEBOY is already preparing a list of comic book-related questions to throw at him."

Yikes. Hope I don't disappoint him.

Michael