Friday, May 19, 2006

strange like-mindedness

THEBOY is getting pretty excited about our trip tomorrow. He's already requested a window seat.

So last night he suddenly told me I need to fix his fishing rod (the line is badly tangled right now). I told him I could fix it, but we can't take it on the plane. I told him not to worry, as his Papa would have something he could use.

***

Flash forward 30 minutes when I called Dad (aka Papa). Almost the first thing out of his mouth was that he figured we couldn't bring a fishing rod on the airplane.

I looked at THEBOY for a sec, stunned at yet another instance of this strange like-mindedness he has with his grandfather.

"But don't worry, Papa will have something he can use," said Dad.

***

Weird.

***

I've got my first belt test in KM next week. I'm feeling okay about it, though there have probably been a couple things I haven't yet seen. As often as I go, I know there are still drills I miss once in a while.

But save for a couple things I've zipped along okay. I'm pleased that my bag work is pretty natural at this point. Gotta start making a real effort to divide my practice into lefty/righty, get that ol' corpus callosum in shape. If Sensei doesn't specifically instruct us to switch up I sometimes forget to.

***

TUF last night... well, I won't play spoiler since Whit may not have seen it. Let me just say that I was QUITE pleased with who got sent home. I'd had enough of THAT guy's ugly, self-absorbed mug staring at the camera.

***

Current music: "I'm Back in Baby's Arms" by Patsy Cline

***

Happy Friday.

Not sure when I'll post again. Maybe today, maybe not. We return from our trip Monday afternoon.

No comments: