Thursday, May 11, 2006

Tick Tick Tick and Pow

Tick tick tick.

 

***

 

Good morning, good morning. Doing okay here, just trucking along.

 

It was a good evening in the Briscoe Casa de Amor. Took the kids outside to play with the frisbee for a while. THEGIRL eventually took offense to anyone else doing anything with the frisbee… yeah, it was close to bedtime.

 

***

 

Had a good run out at the LD Bell track. Leg’s talking to me a little, but you know… after four miles I stopped and did some stretching before heading home.

 

It was almost 11pm. I was dripping sweat, my heart was pounding, and I felt lean and strong. I felt like I had a few more rounds in me. This is probably the best shape I’ve ever been in.

 

***

 

One night in KM last week, Sensei strolled out of view while the students knocked out some crunches or ground defense drills (I forget which).

 

I suddenly heard this POW, and thought he’d gone somewhere and slammed a door.

 

I heard THEBOY say something, and Sensei got back up on the mat, laughing. He walked by me and said, “Your son told me, ‘Good kick’.”

 

Jeez, a kick made that sound?

 

***

 

It was like that time in the 90s when Kelli and I were at the Ballpark in Arlington, taking in a game from the cheap seats. We kept hearing this POW over and over. She asked what it was, and I pointed out that it was John Wetteland warming up in the bullpen.

 

***

 

TUF tonight!

 

***

 

Happy Thursday.

 

No comments: