Tuesday, May 16, 2006

throbbed Dweller knocked whip succumbed arsenic traipsed sniff

It's a quiet Tuesday night here.

My head throbbed for two days, and that's odd for me. Couple doses of ibuprofen and a little Claritin did nothing.

And iced coffee helped.

Yeah... two days with no coffee, and a two-day headache that faded when I finally gave in.

Caffeine withdrawal. Lovely.

***

Current music: "Dweller on the Threshold" by Van Morrison.

***

Had a good day here once I got up and moving. That headache knocked me for a loop. Late this morning, after getting the kids up and off to school, I tried to crash for a while. Mostly this just amounted to me lying there while my head pounded.

***

I got up and went to KM though, and had a good time. I'm not an overly competitive sort, but I do admit to taking some pride in days like today, when folks are standing with their hands on their knees to catch their breath and I've got plenty left in the tank.

It was all kicks today, combinations of front kicks and a "whip" kick. This is sort of like a roundhouse kick that doesn't really start with the foot from the ground but from an already-elevated position. Not easy to do, but fun!

***

This afternoon I succumbed to more shopping therapy. I gotta knock that off. I got good deals though.

***

Kelli was in her Italian class again this evening. I was quite proud of the kids for eating the supper I made! I don't mean to make a joke here; it was ham, spinach salad and corn on the cob. You'd be surprised how many foods those two (especially THEBOY) will treat like arsenic. They both pigged out, ate a genuinely good, balanced meal!

***

THEBOY went on to impress me even further after his sister had a diaper disaster.

(Why she chose to disappear into MY closet to do this I can't explain)

She was such a mess that I had to put her in a bath. Thing is, I wasn't sure where she'd traipsed, and really needed to have a quick look around. I brought him in to watch her while I scoped out the scene.

He beamed with pride as I bragged about him to his mother.

***

To the folks who continue to sniff around this site looking for things to dislike:

I have tools that allow me to monitor the traffic (ha ha) on the site. Don't you have some erectile dysfunction spots to place or something?

***

Have a good Wednesday.

1 comment: