Thursday, May 25, 2006

bring running shoes and water

Current music: “High for the Ride” by Sea of Green.

***

KM class was good today. Got to attend with Kelli, who is a bit under the weather. She pulled through like a champ. We worked on punch/kick combinations. I thought I did pretty well. She did too, all things considered.

I missed the official belt test Saturday since I was out of town. In that circumstance Sensei evaluates you over the course of a couple regular classes, considers how you’ve done overall and then decides whether you’ve earned the belt.

So I got my yellow belt today. I’m certainly pleased.

And he assures me I’ll get my chance to go through the two+ hour belt test he administers, which is reputed to be extremely difficult. He tells us to “bring running shoes and water.”

I’m looking forward to getting a crack at it one day soon.

***

Funny, at first he handed me an orange belt. People were puzzled… “Wow, he goes straight from white to orange?”

Yes yes, that cat Briscoe is one bad mother…

***

(Hush yo mouth!)

(I’m jus’ talkin’ ‘bout Briscoe!)

***

So Kelli had the urge for Japanese after class. Who am I to refuse? We had a fine lunch at a local Japanese Grill place.

***

I’m actually going to KM again tonight. I’m washing the uniform right now.

***

I have a new mission in life:

I’m going to track down whatever sequencer-programmin’, lite-keyboard playin’, trip-hop producing sonofabitch added his own music to Billie Holiday’s “God Bless the Child” and break his fingers.

Heard it at the Japanese joint.

Uneasy listening, that’s what that was.

***

Ya’ll have a good afternoon.

No comments: