Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Keeping BB Humble

It's been a pretty good day here I suppose. Got the kids up and out the door to school. Kelli and I headed out to run some errands. I turned in a job application, then we poked around some of the shops around the Central Market on Hulen.

This afternoon we took it easy while watching the Rangers get drubbed by the Mariners.

***

This evening Kelli went to Krav Maga, which seems to have gone well. She just demonstrated three great moves on me, one of which I thought was about to break my nose at one point. "Ow ow ow ow okay I get it..."

I went to kickboxing after that. We worked on "shelf" kicks and turning kicks. I started out on a high note with the shelf kicks, moving my feet well, kicking through the target.

But then we started working on these combinations that wrapped up with a pair of turning kicks, and it never clicked. I mean, I could engage the brain and get through it, but it never flowed, never felt natural. Easily my worst class since I started there. But I need those once in a while to keep me humble.

***

I won't dwell on this, but I wanted to get it out in the open:

A previous employer of mine reads this. They read it while I worked there, and they continue to read it. A lot.

A lot more than anyone else, in fact. Almost double the hits. I have a good stats service, and it's easy to see where the hits come from.

This is a public forum, and I suppose I can't do a thing about it. But really, I haven't written much about the end of my time there. I'm not trying to aggravate anyone there. What's done is done, and I am excited to move into a new phase of my career. I have a handful of very good opportunities pending, and I expect to have news soon.

I do wish this previous employer wouldn't take such an obsessive interest in this blog. Please leave me alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you might be the most obnoxious guy we've ever employed. As if we give two s's about what you think...

sincerely,

the even more obnoxious mgmt team at your previous employer

Anonymous said...

That's gotta be Llorca.

Dear Lord, I pray it is so...

J.Edgar Hoover