Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Botas

Not a bad day here, all things considered.

***

I've started setting up some stuff in the garage for THEBOY and me. I already had a speed bag and a heavy bag (thanks to Whit and Mike on those). today I got a mat for the floor, just to cushion the space a little bit and keep us from working out on bare concrete.

***

And in fact, I intend to teach THEBOY what I can out there. He's not in a martial arts program of any sort. None is offered at my school as of yet. I'll teach him what I can. He's keenly interested in this, and shows a real grasp of what I show him. Heck, like I mentioned recently, he even picks up techniques on his own once in a while.

***

Dad gave me some money for my birthday, and I've about decided to buy some new boots with it. I'd like to buy something I'll still have in 15 years, you know?

***

KM tonight was good. We went a bit long, working on a lot of stuff. I got a good refresher course on a cool takedown.

***

Heh heh... want a laugh?

***

While wrapping up my undergrad degree at UT I had a Spanish final that I screwed up once. We had to translate a passage. Thing is, this one word really thew me off: Botas.

I did the dumb guero thing and decided it was "boats."

No, as it turns out, it's "boots." I must say that it really freakin' messed up my translation.

***

Got a preliminary interview in the morning, one meant to determine my level of Spanish proficiency. Wish me luck.

No comments: