Friday, September 08, 2006

KA-BLAM!

It's been a good Friday for sure. Had a second interview with [NEWnewjob]. I did well enough in the Spanish interview yesterday that they think I can do this.

I'm not going into much detail about this, but it's a good outfit doing good work. I'm excited. I could start the 18th.

***

Stephan Bonnar has tested positive for steroids. HORSE steroids, in fact. There goes the whole "it was a 'scrip" angle, eh?

(Thanks for the tip, G-Par)

***

Worked out with a new guy last night. Nice enough, tall, athletic build. I like the new folks, because I remember that uncomfortable feeling that comes with crossing the threshold for the first time. I try to help them feel welcome.

We were working on an oldie but a goodie, the front kick to the groin. I grabbed the pad, got ready, and "KA-BLAM" he kicked the shit out of that pad.

And I thought, Well the new guy got lucky, really nailed one.

Then he proceeded to do about four dozen more just like it. Sensei walked by and I asked where he'd been hiding this guy, as he didn't kick like a white belt.

My head started to hurt, my hands were killing me, my ears were ringing and my brain was flopping around like a dying guppy.

Finally I asked him for the full disclosure. "You MUST have some background in martial arts."

Yup. Muay Thai and Tae Kwon Do. No wonder he kicks like a mule!

***

Yesterday I was zipping around North Richland Hills and found myself driving on a street with one of the worst names I've ever encountered: Clenis (Lane, Street, something).

I still say Pansy Path in Lake Jackson is a worldwide low point though.

***

Be good.

No comments: