Monday, September 26, 2005

300 Pounds of Heavenly Joy

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that I think the Wonder Bra is really benefiting this guy.

***

Snippet of conversation in the office this morning: “Joie, don’t mix up Van Halen and Van Morrison…”

***

Finally finished watching The Howlin’ Wolf Story.

Footage of Wolf is usually gripping stuff. Every time he opens his mouth I’m stunned to hear that voice come out. Sitting there, alone, watching one of my heroes… I don’t know how many times I pointed at the screen like some imaginary audience there with me would take notice too...

And watching him dress down a drunk Son House, who interrupted his set, was pretty tense. Wolf was an easy 6’5”, 300 pounds. I’d do whatever I could NOT to piss that guy off.

***

Went to work out yesterday and there were Rita evacuees at the rec center. Did I mention this already? Kinda strange to see people camped out in the gym.

No comments: