Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Busy!

Busy today. Busy busy busy. But that’s fine.

***

The driver’s side window in the van went down Saturday night and refused to come back up. Crap. Should be covered under our extended warranty, though with the $200 deductible, well, looks like I’ll just be footing the bill for this repair after all.

And you know, they called and said it’s just a shorted-out switch. I looked at that switch for a while, going so far as to grab a screwdriver and think about opening it up. But one’s gotta watch what one does in order to avoid screwing up the warranty, right?

***

Rented a couple movies over the weekend. Napoleon Dynamite was… well, unique, and funny and DUMB. Is that a recommendation? I don’t know. I laughed out loud a number of times, and I’m always glad to see a movie that’s creative and not afraid to do its own thing.

But… exactly WHAT this movie’s “own thing” was… well, that befuddles me a bit.

***

Supersize Me was everything I expected: Amusing, informative, frightening… And Toland’s right: The stuff about the school lunches was possibly the most eye-opening.

***

Ah… a coworker from downstairs just came to verify something I’d scheduled… and he’s got himself a potential problem. Reeks of alcohol, right through his pores. It’s a hardcore, sickly sweet smell you don’t get from just any drinker.

***

Busy I say! Books! Van! Kids!

But it beats doing nothing…

No comments: