Sunday, September 18, 2005

Bloggity Bloggity

Again, I should be asleep

I was determined to work out tonight, though. The gym's not open late on Sundays, and after the grocery run I was chomping at the bit to run. Last night went well enough that I wanted to see if it was a fluke. Plus I got a new pedometer, and I wanted to see how close my guess on the distance from last night (three miles) was.

It was very close. I was about twenty strides short of three miles when I finished.

I know I'm opening the door, so to speak. I mean, it's like genuine athletes are all in this exclusive club. I'm not a member, but now when I knock the guy on the other side lets me peek through the crack to get an idea of what it's like inside.

Hmm... that was weak.

Anyway, at this point all that's really holding me up running-wise is PAIN. Ah yes, pain. Both knees... walking around all day I had very little discomfort, but once I started running--hoo boy. I guess it's nice to be thinking about something other than whether I've got the stamina to finish. I do. But I'd rather not be wondering exactly what I'm doing to my knees. We'll see how they react in the next day or two. I can't run tomorrow night. I simply cannot. Elliptical training, hopefully. More pavement pounding, no.

***

Random thoughts from jogging:

Hey! I'm nearly more than halfway done!

Those people need to use perfume-free laundry detergent (repeated four times past various houses).

THOSE people need to change the damn litterbox.

And who the HELL around here is smoking?

***

A good day here, really. We got our weekend kinda out of whack. Between my baseball game Friday night, my class yesterday morning and Kelli's trip to the Dragon Tales show with the boys yesterday, she didn't get to study like she normally would.

So today I took the kids, for the most part. When THEGIRL napped this afternoon THEBOY and I ran some errands. When she woke up we returned and Kelli took off to Starbucks to study for hours.

***

The woman we were supposed to meet and interview at lunch about possibly babysitting our kids stood us up. Next candidate, please.

***

Throb, throb. Hoo boy.

***

So Pudge is tired of losing in Detroit, eh? He was DESPERATE for the big payday (sorry... I meant "respect," which is what he called it) when he was a free agent. He had his world championship ring from his brief tour with the Marlins and instructed his agent, I gather, to make him very, very wealthy.

So the Tigers ponied up.

The Tigers suck.

Pudge is whining in the media now, virtually running his own TRADE MY ASS campaign.

In this new era of steroid testing, let's not overlook the fact that Pudge's numbers are way down, and in fact, he's playing 30 pounds or so lighter than last season.

Karma, Pudge.

***

Pedro Astacio has displaced Chan Ho Park from the San Diego rotation. Now THAT shit is funny.

***

I believe I had the worst sneezing fit of my life tonight while THEBOY showered. He was doing his thing while I lay on the bed, my whole face just oozing misery. I was begging God, Krishna, and every voodoo priest and aborigine with a magic bone to have mercy. And then it passed.

***

Have a good week, ya'll.

No comments: