Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Movin', Groovin'...

I can assure you, if you have any doubts, that nothing I do actually resembles groovin’ in any way. In my mind, sure. In my mind I can sing and dance and I’m eight feet tall and have six-pack abs.

***

Singing… sigh. I so wish I could sing. You should hear my falsetto warble as DeVotchKa’s “We’re Leaving” plays in the van.

On second thought, you shouldn’t.

***

Another BACS staffer departs today. Melissa took a better job at a competitor walking distance from the Belo campus. Citing the no-compete clause, she’s being shown the door. Wonder if they’ll wait until 10 minutes ‘til quitting time to offer her an exit interview like they did with me?

***

School trucks along… busy! I’ve always got papers to write, research to do, classes to attend… it’s all so damn inconvenient! Gasp!

***

Planning Kelli’s birthday shindig… thanks to those of you who offered your input. It was surprisingly consistent, so I took your advice.

***

Why am I never, ever called for jury duty? I mean… I never even get summoned for the selection wingding. I’m a registered voter. In Austin I was called fairly often (though never selected; maybe my wooden leg and prosthetic hands that’ll hold tools a la JJ Arms threw them off…)

***

Lunch!

No comments: