Thursday, September 08, 2005

full-steam elliptical fury

I put the iPod on THEBOY again last night, this time WITHOUT any curseword-filled metal songs. “Jackie Wilson Said” by Van Morrison came on, and you should have seen him grooving! He loved it.

***

My birthday stuff continues to trickle in … yesterday I received The Complete Bukka White CD, and it’s every bit as good as I’d hoped. Compelling country blues, really good stuff.

Also got the DVD of The Jazz Channel Presents BB King, as well as The Secret History of Rock ‘n’ Roll: Howlin’ Wolf. Haven’t watched either of them yet though. Dying to see the latter, but I’ve got a paper due Saturday that I’ve barely begun.

***

There’s a Jazz Channel?

***

Working out is going well. I’ve had some sort of breakthrough, and now I don’t finish feeling just wiped out. Heck, during my final “intense” interval last night I wrapped up with 10 seconds of full-steam elliptical fury. I feel better, I’ve lost a little gut, and heck, it’s only a 20 minute workout. Cool.

***

Will be busy today. Ya’ll have a good one.

No comments: