Monday, September 19, 2005

The Clouds

Something to be thankful for:

While listening to “Sexual Healing” by Marvin Gaye, well, it occurred to me that I’m thankful that he sang, “I can’t wait for you to operate” instead of something like “I don’t want to have to masturbate.”

Hey, coulda happened.

***

Had lunch on the Texas Wesleyan campus. Funky, outdated cafeteria with sparse attendance and even sparser employees.

On the one hand, it’s hard to get excited about the plain pork chop, two-green salad, corn/lima bean combo, unknown cooked “greens” and banana that found their way onto my plate.

On the other, the pork chop was surprisingly tasty and moist, the salad was fresh with a nice vinegary dressing, I LIKE corn and lima beans (I know, I’m a freak), and heck, those greens (turnip, I think) weren’t bitter in the slightest. I don’t think I’ll ever take a guest there, but for an occasional convenience meal I can live with it.

***

Oh, and they tried to charge me the “teacher” rate. I should have let them. The grey hair might have finally paid off!

***

Knees are loosening up a bit, not as sore.

***

Well, I’m getting hit by blog spam pretty regularly. Not sure how they’ve set it up, but right after I post something shows up in the comments almost immediately. I hope I don’t get to the point where I have to limit comments to registered users.

***

A comment from THEBOY, as he checked out some clouds his mother pointed out to him:

“I wish I could be a cloud. Or a bug. That way I could fly.”

No comments: