Friday, February 18, 2005

Ghostly Hoo-Ha

Divorce Court is one of the shows my station airs. Yes, now the viewer can sit back and eat a Snickers bar while watching other people's hearts break.

Shameful.

***

The UFO story might have to wait a while. With Amanda coming this weekend, well, the study is where she'll be sleeping and all, so I won't have late-night access to the computer like I usually do.

***

Bruiser has updated his blog--yahoo!

***

Oh, wait... since being laid off by Yahoo in '02 I'm not actually allowed to say that anymore...

***

Little kids can be downright creepy sometimes...

Sunday morning as THEBOY and his buddy sat at the table, eating their snacks, THEBOY looked up and to my left and said, "Who's that lady?"

"What lady?"

"That lady standing right there."

I looked around, seeing nothing.

Then his buddy chimed in: "Yeah, she's got a boy haircut."

I glanced slowly around, getting goosebumps. I'm not one easily spooked into ghostly hoo-ha, but doggone if the little buggers weren't creeping me out. And then they didn't say another word about it.

***

Shoot, they probably planned it like that. "Hey S-dog... follow my lead when I try to creep out my Dad... homeboy's eyes can get BIG!"

***

Same setting, about a year ago. THEBOY is sitting at the table, eating a snack or lunch or whatever.

And he's staring into the kitchen, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I ask him, "What in the world are you smiling at?"

"The man in the kitchen."

Same puzzled glance from me, seeing nothing in the kitchen.

THEBOY stared for several more seconds, then went back to his food.

I was just about to see if THEBOY would ask the man in the kitchen to maybe wash some dishes since he obviously didn't have anything better to do.

***

Have a good weekend. Maybe the clock will be slow then, like it is today...

No comments: