Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Pitches

You know, working in TV like I do and all, I have to admit that the ideas for these shows don't seem all that great. I mean, it seems like any old schmuck could come up with something they'd put on the air. Even me.

Some ideas:

Not Everybody Loves Raymond -- Comedian Ray Romano is locked in the octagon for five minutes with UFC badass Chuck Liddell...

*

Just Shot Me -- Infinitely annoying "comic" David Spade is caught on video, Cops-style, after he smarts off to the wrong person and gets himself capped.

*

Black Eye from the Straight Guy -- Hilarity ensues as the cast of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy suggests decorating tips for the participants in the reality show The Ultimate Fighter.

(Have I gone to that well one time too many...?)

*

American Idle -- The greatest reality show. It's just a shot of a guy in his boxers, flipping channels. Each one just has footage of him in his boxers, flipping channels...

*

Commercial -- Girls Gone Mild! Watch as intelligent young co-eds react with disgust at the suggestion that they'd show their breasts for some punk millionaire's latest whack video.

*

Commercial -- Jim Adler, Attorney, screaming in Spanish, "Yo soy tu abogado tan fuerte!" Oh, wait... this one already exists...

*

Queens of Kings -- A reality show following the exploits of all the gay relatives of GOP politicians

*

Sex in the Country -- A reality TV show following the exploits of a family that artificially inseminates cattle for a living...

*

Quirky Couple with Wacky Neighbors Who Drop In Unexpectedly and Trade Hateful Barbs Under the Pretense of Humorous Sarcasm -- Oh wait, I just described every sitcom out there...

*

Annoying Aussie Hunter -- Watch as a crocodile finally catches up with Steve Irwin...

*


Man, I could do this all day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand to see parents treat their kids that way. A couple of years ago, this mom in McDonald's went bananas over something her two-year-old did. It was nothing, just typical tot stuff. That woman way over-reacted and made herself look stupid. I wished I had the nerve to say something to her. But she was a lot bigger than I am!