Thursday, February 10, 2005

Gliding

There is a scene in Spike Lee's excellent 25th Hour where Mary D'Annunzio (Anna Paquin) glides, high, full of herself and all the brash sexual tension she's creating with her teacher, Philip Seymour Hoffman, through a crowded dance club. Music is pounding, people fill the frame, and she appears to be floating, experiencing reality in about half-time. I'm told this is a Spike Lee conceit, and that he does it in a number of his films.

That's how I feel today.

***

Peppered with anger though. I finally got the Superbowl butt-chewing. I made good points, remained accountable, and threw it back in the face of my supe when she lied about how much training I said I wanted. I will assume proper responsibility, but when the facts get distorted I will not roll over and submissively urinate on myself. Corporate is involved, HR too... A clear attempt to intimidate me with name-dropping occurred, and I was not affected. The three days of silence I've experienced over this is odd, and I'd say that the suggestion that we'll have some sort of pronouncement on this tomorrow, a Friday, leads me to believe that indeed, I might get sacked. At this point I hope I do.

I put a respectable slow burn on the managers, and by the time the meeting was over they were backpedaling into niceties. I'm satisfied that I've made my points.

No comments: