Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Who You Gonna Call?

I'm not at work today to receive the aforementioned award, and I'm fine with that. THEGIRL is sick, again, and I'm at home with her. The poor kid's got a respiratory infection that's pretty substantial, and spread as far as her tonsils. It's also the cause of fluid in her ears, though she doesn't have an ear infection. Poor thing.

I hauled her around all morning. First we hit the doctor's office, which took a long time. Then we went to the pharmacy, and it took an hour to get her 'scrip. And she hardly made a peep, despite being sick, tired, and due for some food there at the end. She's a good baby!

***

Had a dream with a recurring theme last night: Being angry at a ghost. For the longest time I've had varying dreams about ghosts doing "scary" things that irritate more than scare me. I always sort of treat them like cockroaches.

In this one I was someplace familiar, like a Starbucks (go figure), and one was rolling an empty tin cup on the floor. Everyone else was freaking out, and I followed the usual script: "Knock it off! I don't have time for your crap! Why don't you take this cup and jam it up your ghostly butt?!?" The poltergeist whacked me on the leg with the cup a few times. I then grabbed it, crumpled it all up and threw it in the trash. Problem solved.

***

And I once dreamed that I beat up Scott Baio. Better watch your back, Chachi...

***

Ah, February of 2005, and who's on my Texas Rangers calendar this month? ALEX RODRIGUEZ. Seems that these musta been printed up while he was still a Ranger. I'll resist the temptation to draw devil horns and a mustache on him since Kevin's still a fan. Hood and Henley are too, but they don't have the "hey, he's a four-year-old" excuse like Kevin does. Not sure what's going on with those two.

***

Happy Wednesday, ya'll.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Poor Laura! That sounds so painful. I hope she got some good drugs.

We are shockingly healthy here. No real illness since the dreadful stomach bug in November. Now I am probably really asking for it. Shouldn't have said anything. Another neat thing... Aaron had stayed at 34 pounds for over a year. Since November, he has gained THREE pounds! The dr said his being kinda thin contributed to how dehydrated he got. Guess that problem is resolving.