Thursday, February 24, 2005

Rock Rock Rock

Scattered ideas for band names and such...

I do believe that not nearly enough effort goes into band names these days. Sum 41? Saliva? I mean... did these guys lose a bet or something? You get one crack at stardom, and you're putting all of your eggs in the basket labeled Insane Clown Posse??

So... my not-so-serious suggestions... first, band names:

Rumours of My Death (possibly a Fleetwood Mac cover band?)

Uncle Chester and the Sidelong Glances

Exfoliator (Hair metal band)

Spastic Colon and the Vowel Movements

Cahoots

Ramekin (Sounds like a great metal name; just don't tell them it's actually the name of a type of serving dish)

Song title: "I'm in the Nude for Love."

And if I ever built a guitar, I think I'd give it a nice thick paint job, and while the paint is still wet I'd drop my trousers and use my butt cheeks to make an impression across the back. I'd call the guitar my "Butt-caster." Or maybe the "Ass-caster."

And I'd make sure I had a kickass drummer and bassist whom I'd call "The Cruel and Unusual Rhythm Section."

Bruiser's far better at this than I am though... If you stop by, B-dog, I'd be glad to have your thoughts...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Lord, but I am drawing a blank on band names. Here are a few that I used to like:

Seizure Salad

Vitreous Humor (this is about the only thing I remember from my college days - it's the jelly-like substance that fills up the human eye)

Heebie Jeebies (our first record would be a live one - "Heebie Jeebies at CBGB's")

Michael sent a great email a few weeks ago that had him equating band names with spam email - my favorite was Hot Chocolate Snatch (my wife about busted a kidney laughing at that one).

BB said...

Dude! What about Spew? And Beaver Cleavage and the D-Cups??