Friday, January 27, 2006

“Coffee tastes like birds to me.”

Ah, I have a pinched sciatic nerve in my lower back. That’s the cause of these shooting pains in my legs that keep waking me up overnight. At least I made it until 4:30 am before the pain woke me up today.

So I’m back to seeing the chiropractor three times a week for a stretch, until we get this squared away. Ugh.

***

And I’ve got a solid head cold.

But this is still better than the damn stomach bug I had.

***

I hauled THEBOY with me to Dr. Wonderlich’s office today. Afterwards we hit Starbucks for a sugary breakfast.

THEBOY: “Are you drinking coffee?”

ME: “Yes.”

THEBOY: “Coffee tastes like birds to me.”

ME: “Birds? What does a bird taste like?”

THEBOY: “Well, it tastes like bird poop.”

ME: “You know what bird poop tastes like?”

THEBOY: “It tastes like grass.”

ME: “Have you tasted grass?”

THEBOY: “It tastes like coffee.”

***

So there you go.

***

Happy Friday.

***

Go to Nadine's blog and you'll see that my nemesis manager from Belo is now doing the same crap to her that she once did to me. It wasn't my imagination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Went back and read your blog about leaving that evil place and was both horrified and, dare I say it, laughing my ass off.

I am going to copy that blog and send it to Cindy - she is in the process of leaving her job for another and she is finding herself in a similar, albeit not as crappy, situation as yours.

Bruiser

BB said...

Thank you. I think that place scarred me for life.

I'm sorry to hear Cindy's in a similar situation. Sometimes life is too much like The Office or Office Space, right?