Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Does

Anything suck quite the way returning to work after a holiday does?

The fact that I don’t care a bit about this business affect the quality of my work? I hope not.

Anyone else notice our coworker’s black eye?

Anyone else, if so, believe her story? Me neither.

Everyone have kids as great as mine?

Every other parent feel as bad as I do when I don’t handle a parenting scenario well? (Turns out my personal guilt comes with instant replay)

***

I dreamed about school.

It’s been a good break. I’m almost ready to resume, yeah.

***

Some toddler with a mohawk (you read right) tried to take THEBOY’S toy car from him at the park yesterday. Kid could barely speak in intelligible sentences, and he was telling THEBOY to give him the car.

THEBOY is easily two years older and a full head taller. He started muttering something about how someone had just given him the car.

I stepped in, told Juanito Rotten that no, THEBOY didn’t want to share.

I hope my son will have the confidence at some point to tell intrusive kids that, simply, the answer is NO.

***

So I’m trying to find the number of the closest Judo, Jiu Jitsu, Krav Maga or super-secret-ninja school around.

Okay, just joking. Mostly.

No comments: