Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Fishing with Thibodeaux and Breaux

You should see THEBOY watching the fishing video his grandfather got him while we were visiting over the weekend. Admittedly, when he received the gift he was tired and cranky, and showed zero enthusiasm.

But I put the video on last night, and he watched it. Folks, this is an hour-long VHS tape full of fishing footage, interspersed with a few little human interest sorta vignettes.

We needed to run an errand, in fact, but he asked that I wait until he could see the whole video first. His favorite part was when some folks who were offshore fishing pulled a hammerhead into the boat.

He told his mother, “I LOVE this movie.”

***

It was shot up and down the coast, and featured some areas not far from where I grew up.

***

A joke from the video:

Breaux: “Hey Thibodeaux, I like your horse. Will you sell him to me?”

Thibodeaux: “Naw, he don’t look so good.”

Breaux: “I give you $100 for him.”

Thibodeaux: “Naw, I ain’t a-gonna sell him to you cuz he don’t look so good.”

Breaux: “I give you $200 for him. He look good to me.”

Thibodeaux: “Okay, deal.”

Couple days later Breaux comes back around. “Thibodeaux I’m so mad at you—you sold me a blind horse!”

Thibodeaux: “I tol’ you he don’t look so good.”

***

It was told in the video in Cajun French, by the way.

***

An hour to go. Tick tick tick.

No comments: