Sunday, January 08, 2006

Spelling B

The cashier at Starbucks yesterday asked me how to spell "BB."

***

It's been a good weekend here so far. Elisa is in town, and it's been good to catch up with her. Lots of changes since I last saw her at her wedding in... '01 I think. And she doesn't seem to have aged a bit! I'm getting grey as a mule, and she still looks like she'd get carded in a bar.

***

THEBOY has a friend over, and they're having a grand time. His bedroom is the biggest mess I've ever seen. They swear they're going to clean it up this morning.

Our own bedroom is a disaster at the moment, thanks in no small part to the mysterious pile of my clothes by the bed. So naturally, that's the room the kids are all playing in right now.

You should have seen the boys walking down the hall this morning with blankets over their heads, saying they're ghosts.

***

I'm now going to show my computer ignorance here.

Something strange is happening, and if anyone has an answer I'm all ears. Basically, I accidentally turned on this thing called "Air Port" on my laptop a few days ago.

And now I can surf completely wireless. I mean, I gather that's how it's supposed to work and all, but... I don't have any sort of transmitter/receiver gizmo or whatever. I have pretty much no idea how/why this thing is getting data from the web. I can only guess that some neighbor has the necessary gizmo, and I'm piggybacking on a stray signal or something.

***

The race is a week from today. As of this moment, I feel like this is going to be a disaster.

***

"So that's spelled... 'B...i'?"...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You won the internet lottery! One of your neighbors has wireless internet and didn't password protect it. You need to start high-fiving everyone around you immediately!

Also, look! My blog has a new home at nadine.aintmyrealdad.com! And Smackage is good today....If you don't already read it every day, you should start =o)

Anonymous said...

The cashier at Starbucks yesterday asked me how to spell "BB."

***Speechless am I.

Michael