Saturday, January 28, 2006

FanFest and More

A quick update here. It's been a pretty good day, my cold aside. And really, it's not that bad. I'll take this over a stomach bug ANY day.

***

The prof walked in this morning and said today would be our most boring class, and called it "stats on Saturday." But really, it wasn't that bad. We just looked at a whole bunch of studies and sort of dissected them. What was the hypothesis? Who did they study? Was this plausible? Who funded it? Okay, so it's not altogether thrilling either.

***

THEBOY and I headed to the Ballpark in Arlington this afternoon for FanFest. We were supposed to meet Hosch and Vicky, but I couldn't reach them. I'm afraid I've missed something or made some mistake. At least they have a full itinerary for the weekend, so their enjoyment doesn't depend on the presence of me anyway.

But THEBOY and I had fun. The Q&A and autograph sessions simply weren't ideal places to take THEBOY, so we didn't see many Rangers. We saw Pete O'Brien in a gift shop, and we bumped quite literally into Buck Showalter in the dressing room. Otherwise we stuck with kid activities, like bounce houses and batting games. And he showed me around the kids' activities in the museum, which he remembered from a school field trip quite a while back.

And you know, as we climbed some steps from field level up to the concourse, he counted the steps: 47. Smart kid.

***

So I'm looking forward to a farily mellow evening. Kelli got us a new printer, since I managed to kill the old one printing up so many copies of Juke. I'll clean up the study and hook that up, watch a little UFC action and basically take it easy.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: