Friday, January 13, 2006

Guess the Product

Current music: "Evans Shuffle" by Muddy Waters.

***

I hit the campus over lunch.

Like any set of errands one runs at school, the results were mixed, as indicated by the following quotes:

“No, your check isn’t here yet. I’m not sure why. Maybe next week.”

“You ordered it online? And it said we had a used copy? Well, we don’t, so we had to charge you $40 more for new. But we don’t have that either. Maybe next week.”

***

At least I discovered a better place to eat than the cafeteria.

It’s better because:

They didn’t think I was a professor

The sight of my debit card didn’t confuse them.

So to recap, I showed up, requested food, presented a debit card by way of payment, and after a smooth transaction was given a plate of food. It never was quite that easy in the cafeteria.

***

I’m really, really tired of rearranging commercials.

I’m tired of dealing with salespeople.

I’m tired of staring at a computer monitor all day long.

I’m tired of having a dollar sign attached to every move I make..

I’m tired of having an active hand in peddling crap to the public.

You know, I saw one of my spots today… part of the slogan was “Less ooze!” You get to be the first honorary Friend of BBamI if you can guess the product.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

PoliGrip...

I knew it was a denture adhesive by sheer guess, but I Googled it just to be sure which brand.

So, what did I win?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but that PoliGrip post is from Bruiser

BB said...

You are the FIRST EVER person to be designated as FRIEND OF BBamI!

Jeez, I've named a kid after you and now this... I've gotta search the fine print and see if you're eligible to compete anymore...

Ha!

Thanks for stopping by.

Geoff said...

damn, I wish I was a friend of bambi.

Geoff said...

ps you need to start buying your textbooks off of amazon...

BB said...

I usually do, or at least online. But someone in class swore by this method, and it SAID they were all available used. Prices weren't awful, it's quick, and I needed to hit campus today anyway.

I got screwed on the used/new swap though. I'm kind of wondering if it's too late to get out of it.