Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Delightful

Listening to the new Roger Manning, Jr. "album," Solid State Warrior. I put album in parentheses because he actually released these songs through a site called Weedshare.

It's an interesting concept. You can listen to any song free three times. Further listens require a purchase ($1.25 each in the case of Manning's stuff... prices seem to vary, and I'm not sure why). But the kicker is that anyone can post Weed files on a website, and if someone purchases the files through them they can get a cut. I'm not concerned with this myself, but it's about the best way to tackle the problem of file sharing cutting out the artist I've come across.

But I still prefer having something tangible in my hands, like a CD.

***

Looks like I'll review this for High Bias soon, so I won't go into the quality of Solid State Warrior much, except to say that it's plumb delightful. Damn I wish I knew a better word to describe it.

***

Question for anyone who stops by: What do you find sexy?

***

Objectification of women is a more serious problem than I once realized, but you know, any woman who pumps her breasts full of silicone and her lips full of collagen is objectifying herself.

***

Been reading I, Fatty by Jerry Stahl. It's pretty interesting stuff, full of the sort of debauchery we might not normally associate with any era but our own.

Roscoe Arbuckle was ruined by being prosecuted for the rape and murder of Virginia Rappe. On the one hand, it's pretty evident that he didn't kill her, and most likely didn't rape her (his impotence was well documented).

But there are other ways to violate someone, and I don't think he was a choirboy in the particular scenario that got him in all the trouble.

***

Short week. Thanks be to the deity of your choice. In my case, it's Starbucks.

No comments: