Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Jewels

Where did Jewel get THOSE?

***

Took my child development test last night and got an 82. Not great, but not bad. I'd covered seven chapters in seven frantic days. A curse upon my stats prof for giving us so much homework that studying for another class has been virtually impossible.

That test last night was HARD too. Had to really know Freud and Piaget inside out, and let me tell you, one pass through the chapter was not enough to absorb all that.

When in doubt on a Freud question, though, just answer "penis."

But hopefully we'll have less homework soon, as the stats prof is now over a month behind on grading homework, and realizing something's gotta give...

***

Scene from the daycare this morning:

I knelt to give THEBOY his goodbye hug, but a little girl came between us. I beckoned for THEBOY to come to me for the hug, but he and the girl faced each other and were engaged in this demure semi-stare. She reached out and stroked his nice red turtleneck shirt, and I knew something was up.

Me: "Who is this?"

THEBOY: "That's the girl I'm gonna marry."

Me: "Oooooh! What's her name?"

THEBOY: "Sierra..."

I beat a hasty retreat so they could get going on their wedding plans.

***

It feels strange to have no homework and nothing to study for at the moment. But not so strange that I plan on getting up off the recliner tonight to find something to do...

***

Nah, I need to use this down time to finally get my grad school stuff in line. Looks like I've got my letter writers all set. I need three, and a fourth is suddenly in the mix. I'm afraid I'm going to have to blow her off. I tried to reach her a month ago, and once she was MIA I had to keep going.

***

And on that note, I really owe April for writing a letter for me. Here's a plug, Dallas folks: If you need a pet sitter then by gum, I can't imagine you'd do better than to contact her. When we worked together she was always rescuing some pooch from the freeway, taking in strays, all that.

Henley, I'm hinting in your direction...

***

15 days until we leave for spring training. That's assuming I don't kill Hood before then. God, it's like having a little brother around...

Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the kid's on the make already.

"'Scuse me, Dad, you're crampin' my style."

Just wait 'til he's a teenager.

Michael

Anonymous said...

I don't know where Jewel got 'em, but I sure do like 'em...

Bruiser