Saturday, March 05, 2005

Where Were You?

Ah, Friday night with an iced coffee. Kids are in bed, and I've hit the CD store to comb through their bargain rack.

Got three CDs: Television by Dr. John, Guitar Shop by Jeff Beck, and Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash by the Replacements.

Far as I can tell, you can never go entirely wrong with Dr. John. The Jeff Beck CD is quite good (and an overdue upgrade from my cassette), though these days I'm more likely to listen to the song "Where Were You?" than anything else on there. I once wondered where a girlfriend of mine was, and it turned out she was at another guy's house, "just visiting." That's how a song becomes a heartbreak song.

And the Replacements CD--this was their first album! I don't know if I've heard anything off of it except "Johnny's Gonna Die," but heck, it was $3.99. It'd fetch more than that on eBay.

The video store didn't have any UFC videos I hadn't seen, dang it.

***

Got a small bonus at work, and I think tomorrow I'll go buy a DVD recorder with it. I'd like to archive all the MST3K videos, and Sam's has a good price on one I've read some good things about. Our Sony VHS/DVD player combo is a piece of junk that won't play DVDs half the time anyway.

***

Stats class tomorrow. Ugh. But we're due to get our tests back, which I expect to be okay news. But by this time tomorrow night (midnight) I could be nose-first in a book again, working my way through hours and hours of homework. Again, ugh.

***

Be good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our dvd player is just like yours. And yes, it is junk. It is very selective about which dvds it will play. The dvd recorder thing you want to buy sounds cool.

A.