Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Zig Zag

Howdy, neighbors. How's everyone doing? It's been a rough week here, admittedly. But let's not dwell on that.

***

The fantasy baseball draft is coming up this weekend. Chris Martich and I will co-manage a team we've named the Super Heroes. We've each got young boys, so it seemed appropriate. I'm hoping Chris has the stats insight to help us finally take down Danny Henley.

***

THEBOY was dancing around in the living room yesterday morning, saying, "Gaaaanja... ganja ganja gaaaanja...."

Kelli and I looked at each other. "Did he just make that up?" I asked, "Or is our four-year-old familiar with the Jamaican slang for marijuana?"

Eh, he just made it up. This is not a kid with the munchies, BELIEVE ME.

***

Ordered some fine t-shirts online. Can't say why I've got this hankerin' all of a sudden. But with a little help from Bruiser I found places where I ordered shirts featuring Motorhead, the Ramones, and Bad Brains. I'm still eyeballing a Helmet shirt too. Got good deals on those first three. Can't wait to wear them to work, heh heh.

***

Some of those motivational speakers are in Dallas today, again. This means that the freeways are more packed than usual, there's no parking (except for $10 lots) downtown, and the parking lots at the train stations are full. Yesterday morning was, well... challenging. Let's just leave it at
that.

But remind me to kick Zig Zigler in the pants first chance I get.

***

I've got coffee to make it all better though.

1 comment:

Danny Henley said...

What is it about winning two consecutive championships that makes everyone want to call you out?

Man, I'm gonna enjoy winning a third championship with everyone gunning for me. I just can't wait to let the magic of my newly devised draft strategy go to work this season!