Friday, March 11, 2005

Mini-meme y Mas, Mucho Mas!

Mini-Meme: What is your least-healthy habit? I guess mine is coffee consumption. Couple cups a day, but on Fridays I tend to blow it out and have as much as I want. Happy happy happy happy happy...

***

Texas Rangers GM John Hart on the radio with Norm Hitzges this morning: "I wake up at two o'clock in the morning every day and worry about my rotation."

That can't be good, can it?

***

You oughta send an email to Michael at High Bias and tell him what you're listening to. List three CDs. Doesn't matter if it's The Best of Johnny Mathis, or God Hates Us All by Slayer.

***

Stepmother Charlene reminded me a few years ago of something I'd said. Don't recall the context (and in fact, I don't remember saying it at all, thankfully). But as a teenager, my reaction to something related to age was along the lines of, "Once you're older than 50 you just DIE."

Now, Charlene's been more like a mother to me than my own, and I don't want to believe that I said something that awful. But I do.

So I told her to disregard basically everything I did or said before I turned 25. That's when I finally felt like a man.

***

It's hard to know what you are and what you're not without underestimating yourself sometimes.

***

Fantasy baseball draft is tomorrow night. Martich and I have third pick overall. Hopefully no one will have snagged Darren Oliver with pick #1 or #2.

***

While I'm in Surprise for spring training, Jason Falkner, Anders Parker and Otis Taylor will be playing South by Southwest. If we had cliffs in Dallas I'd drive off of one long about now.

***

Friday... now you can exhale.

No comments: