Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Late Monday Meme...

Horked from Georgina:

Name 3 things you won't eat

1. Liver. Why oh why does anyone voluntarily eat another animal's poison filter?
2. Cabbage (except raw in cole slaw. I have no idea why it makes a difference.)
3. Popcorn. Ah, nothing like eating a mouthful of sock-flavored air.

Name 3 things you like to eat that most people do not

1. Canned oysters. Not often, since they wreck one's breath.
2. Fried oysters. Demerit for two versions of the same food? They're drastically different tastes. I don't do raw (on the half shell) though.
3. Lengua. This is beef tongue. Hey, it makes for a tasty (nyuk nyuk) taco.

Name 3 things you ate, but shouldn't have

1. Ceviche at some highfalutin seafood restaurant. Anytime someone says, "No, really... the acid in the juice cooks the scallops," DON'T BELIEVE THEM. That case of food poisoning sent me to the ER, and it took two bags of fluid to rehydrate me.
2. Funky imported chipotle peppers in a can. Can't be sure this is what made me sick, but I barfed up everything I'd eaten that day in reverse order, and the peppers came last.
3. "Low carb" fruit-filled snack bars. Fell for this a couple times, and as it turns out, some of those engineerd "low carb" foods make me gassier than the Hindenberg. I mean the worst gas of my LIFE.

***

Feel free to submit your own answers.

***

Heck of a bad morning. And I woke up in such a good mood...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3 things I won't eat: 1. Liver 2. Green peas. The mere smell of them cooking is disgusting. They are practically banned from my house. 3. Beets

3 things I like to eat that most people do not 1. Pickled okra 2. marinated artichoke hearts 3. carnation breakfast drinks

things I ate, but I shouldn't have:
1. making a twice-weekly stop at Sonic while waiting for Aaron at therapy put an extra 5 pounds on me
2. cream cheese jalepeno poppers from Jack-n-the Box a couple of weeks before Ed and I got married. He got to take me to the doctor one fine Saturday morning for that one. It's not a good sign when the nurse asks you, "you've thrown up HOW many times since 5 o'clock this morning?

3. the entire plate of El Toro steak enchiladas this evening.